Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Latest Project

On Wednesday Matthew and I went down the road and picked some lavender from a local lavender farm. It only took a couple minutes as the Grandma pretty much filled my basket for me. After a few days of drying and shedding all over the kitchen counter the lavender was ready for the sachets.
This is everything I needed for my project: my sewing basket from 4-H, two buckets of lavender, the good kitchen siccors, and old pair of PJ pants cut into strips and of course a chocolate muffin for sustenance.
The Lavender. One basket proved to yield much more than expected.
After about 3 hours I ended up with 8 of these little sachets. I still have about 2/3 of the lavender left. I am considering pulling out the sewing machine Auntie Marj gave me to do the rest but I think I might need to have a skype tutorial with Nana first.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Are you taking online orders?? Sign me up!