Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cryderman Reunion in Onoway

For the long weekend in August and the four days following, the two boys, Auntie Kathy and I headed to Onoway, AB for the Cryderman family reunion.  I knew I couldn't handle two kids on my own so I coerced her with a free visit to exotic Canada!
 Unfortunately the dramamine didn't really kick in until about ten minutes before we landed.  This meant me carrying Alex in the moby wrap on my front, a backpack on my back and Matthew on my shoulders while Kathy carried four bags for the ten mile hike to customs in the Edmonton airport. I have never been so happy to see a luggage cart in all my life.
 While there Alexander began to smile and wiggle.
 These are the videos we sent home for Daddy to see.
   
 First thing in the morning.A little blurry in the eye area from all the long days outside and the late nights.
 We were all exhausted by Monday afternoon.  A gaggle of Crydermans can really take it out of you.
 Daniel learning how to hold a baby and feed him a bottle.

 We also got to have a quick visit with Jenn on Sunday afternoon.  Jenn thanks for wrangling Matthew so I could do a little shopping. It was so good to see you Jenn, I always forget how much I miss you until you are there.  And thanks to Claire for trying to help me find a cute summer dress.  We'll go back to that store next time when I have less of a post partum body. 

 Nana the baby hog.
 There's that baby that likes to nap in the thick of it.  He would fall asleep in Nana's arms and when she had to getup to do something she would just put him on the coffee table.
 My boys snuggling first thing in the morning.  I have to tell you, Matthew really loves his baby brother.  He has even learned to put the soother in when Alex is crying and he likes to help hold the bottle and change diapers (especially poopy ones, what can I say, he's a boy).
 Papa sneaking in a snuggle when he could.
 Rockies from the plane on the way home.
 We usually fly at night or above  clouds so this was a treat.
Auntie Kathy and two sleepy boys in her lap.

Again big thanks to Auntie Kathy.  I could not have made it to the reunion without her calm presence in the airport and her extra set of hands.  I hope she had a good time with us crazies although she would not commit to joining me for the next reunion in two years!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

1. I miss you too and I was so glad to get to crash the reunion a bit
2. Auntie Kathy is SO FABULOUS
3. someday I'll dig out a photo from our wedding: Daniel crashed out cold in the middle of the table. There is something in the Pollock genes about sleeping on tables....