Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving

This year I decided to Celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving for a couple of reasons.  If I celebrate in October like my brain has been trained to do and get Halloween over with, I can focus on Christmas much earlier and diminish the stress.  Also this year Aaron will have the boys for American Thanksgiving so now I won't miss the holiday. So we invited several people over and in the end had: Auntie Kathy, Johnnie, Erica, Dexter and Nayimah.
Dexter and Erica found my Canadian calendar.
 I had a craft planned for the kids to get things started.
 Matthew trying with all his might to get the icing out of the tube.  After telling him several times to try harder, I discovered that the tube had not been but open, oops.
While we made Pilgrim Hat cookies, Dexter got to watch the remainder of the Cowboys game.
 Erica's cookies turned out the best.

 Final product.
 Erica and Nayimah.
 Shots of single malt to keep the evening moving along.

 The oven baked chickens (because before the middle of October youcan't find a frozen turkey to save your life). 
Carved by Dexter.

Our Chef Du Jour.  If it wasn't for him the chickens would never have cooked properly.  But as a bonus to the day, I got a free lesson in how to cook a chicken!
 Alex was the first one to the table.
 The spread.
 Lovely Ny.
 Although exhausted by this point, Alex really enjoyed dinner.
He spread it all over his face and
into his hair.
  Thank you Auntie Kathy for him getting all cleaned up in the tub and ready for bed before you left!
 My sweet Matthew. 
 He looks enthused but was really only trying the food because I told him he could have more cookies if he did.

No comments: