Saturday, March 5, 2016

Christmas in Manitoba Day 1

We started a long day of travel by arriving at the airport at 6am.
Through security and stop for a picture with a giant stuffed( dirty) orca.
From here we go to Minneapolis to an airport I have never been to but I have been assured by the gate check in personnel that we will not have to go far for our plane change. I have also been assured by other travelers that Minneapolis is a huge airport and will need to hustle to get from one end to the other. We have 50 minutes to get from plane to plane. Guess who I believe more?
Alex got to sit next to the window. 
When we land in Minneapolis, we are right on time. We deplane to find out our next gate is not in the same area but... you guessed it... at the other end of the airport.  I throw my back pack on my back, put Alex with his back pack on my shoulders and I take Matthews back pack so he can move quickly.  Walking as fast as I can and using every moving walkway we come across (I think there were 7 of them), singing christmas songs and with Alex holding tightly onto my face so "you don't fall over, Mama" and Matthew running ahead so he can walk backwards on the moving sidewalks we made it to our gate with just enough time to pee (and ride the escalator a few times) before our next plane boards. Phew.
Matthew was great.  Sitting across the aisle coloring and watching movies.
When we got to Regina it was COLD!!! -25 with wind and of course all our warm clothes are packed away.  The kids were oblivious though because...SNOW.  It was everywhere and they just couldn't help themselves making detours through the snowbanks as we come in and out of McDonalds.
It was a long day.
Matthew took one last look at the snow out the dinning room window and asked "will it be there tomorrow?" Too cute

No comments: