Thursday, May 29, 2008

Can't Get Enough Flowers

Apparently because spring has just recently sprung in Manitoba, my Mum is desperate for flowers. Since there are none in her yard she needs to see the ones in mine. So I apologize to those of you who are sick of them and those of you who aren't, can thank my mum.



This is the Devil's Walking Stick I have mentioned a couple of times.




In the winter all it's branches fall off and all you are left with are these big spikey sticks.




Here you can see how it grows new branches and gets bigger every year. All but the central vertical stem will die back in the fall. It's pretty cool actually.




The roses have started to bloom. We have red ones,




Orangey Pink ones. You can see how big they are.




And yellow ones. These come from a rose tree that is about 10 feet tall and 15 feet wide. I currently have it tied to the fence so it won't take over the whole yard.


Just over the weekend our pinky purple rhodies bloomed.
And these gorgeous red ones have just started as of today.


This bush is flowering and I am hoping it will synchronize so that at some point the whole thing is covered in flowers.

The flowers are delicate and short lived so if the synch happens I'll have to be fast to catch it. I know the anticipation is just too much.


The corner planters that hold the Devil's Walking Stick, the Flowering Bush, the Cedar tree and the Japanese Lace Leaf Maple. Joyce did a great job of putting this together.


Flowers from the ...whatever Mum called it this afternoon.

It has grown up around a dead Rhody.

2 comments:

grandma pollock said...

OH, YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! The flowers are beautiful.

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

I saw them all in person HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!