Thursday, April 9, 2009

One week old Midnight (or later) Snack

The night that Matthew was one week old, Aaron came into the bedroom during one of the late night feedings to take a few pictures of his "sweet baby boy".
This is me sitting on the bed (I have yet to actually get under the covers since we came home, just too hard with the inscision pain) feeding Matthew with the feeding tube attached to my pinky finger.
Here I am taking a tiny nap while he eats. I have had a tendency to nod off during the late night feedings. I understand this is a fairly common practice among parents of really little ones.
A close up of the finger feeding. If you look closely you can see his little hand wrapped around my finger.
Licking his lips between syringefulls.
Must be a burp on the way.
A look of satisfaction.

No comments: