Sunday, March 6, 2011

Alberta Trip Feb 2011

On February 18th Matthew and I and the gravol headed to Colleen's for the long weekend. This post is backwards for reasons I can't fathom and I'm not in the mood to try to fix it.

-March 12- Ok I've moved some of the pictures into better sequence but I still can't get them bigger

Early on in the trip Matthew discovered that Daniel not only Could read books but would read books so they often settled in together to peruse the books Nana brought.

Even though it was -20, we decided that Matthew needed to get outside and experience winter.

All bundled up and ready to go.

Papa demonstarting that the snow can be shovelled

Matthew practising his skills.


It only took two over the head throws that ended with snow in the face for him to abandon the shovel.

Trying to get Matthew to walk with his face toward the sun. He seems really sensitive to bright sunlight and having it shining off the snow was just too much for him. Unfortunately reaching the bulk of accessible yard required walking into the sun and some convincing from Papa.
In the end we forced him into the sled for a ride to the end of the lane and back. We had been outside about 20 minutes by the end of the ride and he was too cold and too tired to endure anymore.

One of the best things according to Matthew about the trip was Auntie Colleen's iphone. She would find him vidoes of Dino Dan.
The other cool thing about Auntie Colleen is the DVD player in her van. We've been home for 3 weeks and he still asks for a movie every time we get in the car to go somewhere and is pissed that my sucky car doesn't have any.

Dino Dan Distraction

All these pictures are really small and hard to see but I can't figure out how to get them to be bigger and less pixelated. I have yet to corner the computer expert to see if he can help. When I get it figured out I will repost because these will not work for making a photo book.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Well, its about time..I was starting to think maybe you didn't go to AB after all....