Sunday, July 23, 2017

BEES!!!(Well wasps to be exact)

The afternoon of October 24th, the boys ran in to ask if they could go across the street to help clean the neighbors coy pond.  I said yes thinking that i might get a ten minute nap in while they were over there.  About 5 mins after they left I heard Matthew come running in screaming and crying sans shirt and Alex was hot on his heels in the same condition.  And right quickly thereafter, the neighbor and their dog arrived totally freaked out.  Turns out Matthew accidentally disturbed a hidden wasp nest next to the pond and they wasps were pissed.  Matthew had a sting on his left leg just below his butt and Alex had several on his arms.  I got Matthew on the couch with some ice and noticed Alex was intermittently jumping around like he had something in his pants.  After the third jumpy episode I said "Do you have a wasp in your pants?!?!?" i left Matthew on the couch crying and took Alex to the bathroom to look at his stings and get his pants off to see if there was a wasp in there.  Sure enough there was a @%$# wasp crawling around his ankles.  I asked him to hold super still and I got some toilet paper and killed that sucker!  Now I can see that Alex has 6-8 stings all over his body as Matthew screeches from the couch "you don't even care about me!!!"  As Alex and I emerge from the bathroom I explain that Alex had a wasp in his pants and that he has several more stings than Matthew, Matthew finally calms down.  I dose them both with Benadryl and Tylenol and then set to killing the several wasps that were flying around that came in either on the boys or the dog. Phew crisis under control.
later int he day another neighbor stopped by to let us know that the lady who owns that coy pond had to go to the ER because she had a severe allergic reaction tot he wasps.  the boys made her get well cards in hopes of making her feel better.




No comments: