Monday, April 7, 2008

Plants

Although this weekend wasn't ideal planting weather and I had to run inside several times to escape the intermittent torrential downpours, I sucked it up and got some stuff done.



Went to McLendon's Hardware and raided the garden section. I found all kinds of great stuff.

I picked up a bunch of flowers, 6 tomato plants, two bell pepper plants, 6 strawberry plants and a whole bunch of seed packets.

I will plant most of the stuff in window boxes and buckets and old whiskey barrels this summer as we have a lot of work to do before we can set aside a patch of yard for a garden. I am hard at work but super happy to be able to do something with the deck out back to distract from the lawn.

The prettiest part of my afternoon of work. Pansies and Geraniums. I also tore out a few of the plants from the front yard that Aaron and I agreed we didn't like and I have plans for the front flower bed for Wednesday!!

2 comments:

grandma pollock said...

those look so "springie" I envy you your planting. We are still knee deep in snow!!

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

Beeutiful!! Can't wait to see it in person.