Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What Climate Change????

For anyone who has thought that all this "global climate change" stuff is just a bunch of BS, we here in the Seattle area have experienced it first hand this last week. We were headed for our lovely spring weather, warm and wet, when the tempurature dropped (think Day After Tommorrow killer deepfreeze or so it felt) and it snowed for four days then we got the crap beat out of us with hail for a couple hours.



The previous three are hard to see but this is what things looked ike int he valley when we got home late Sat night. Up on the hill there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground. Please remember it is the end of MARCH!!! All our poor trees that are in bloom are freezing their flowers off!

The Monday evening hail storm begins.

The pace picks up a little.

Some of the hail stones were really big!!

Hail in the street.

When it was all over it looked like we had just had a snow storm. For all of you in Canda that may be seeing this and thinking "phhtt, this is nothing" please keep in mind we only get 2-3 days of now all year and that in December or January. It is the END OF MARCH!!!!

3 comments:

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

I think you need a "Wahmbulance"!!! Just kidding. That is too bad. I hope that your trees and flowers survive so that they are pretty when I get there. Spring snow super sucks, I agree!

Jenn said...

The horrible person in me is feeling just a teeny bit warm and fuzzy right now. Not my best side, I know. I'm sorry. I'm not proud of myself.

grandma pollock said...

ok, those others are just mean!!! I do feel sorry for you and your nasty weather..but, I expect you must feel the same for us after you saw the pics dad sent you??