Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Room Saga Continues

So deciding to paint squares was a lot of work and even though I knew it was going to be, it was even more work than I imagined. So stage 1 was priming the wall, stage 2 was painting it white (because apparently primer left uncovered is a bad idea). I don't have pictures of this because I was too emotional and tired to think to grab the camera.
This is Stage 3 and 4. Using the laser level the line out the squares and then sealing it with tape sealer to assure nice straight lines.
Stage 5, painting all the different colored squares. The dark purple took four coats, the rest three.

The Final Product. Even though the colors on this post are not quite right, it actually turned out really great!! Now the next step is to decide what color to paint the other three walls. Aaron suggested two walls in the beige and the wall opposite the squares the light blue color. For those of you who know me, you know I love blue so I am all for that suggestion.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

OMG! that looks so FREAKING fabulous! I'm weeping for you though, that must have been difficult. Love love love IT though. I like Aaron's idea - I think that will look really good. You've inspired me to get painting MAddie's room!

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

Beautiful!