Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby Shower Part 1

Just a heads up the next couple posts will be long so Mum and Colleen can get a really good look at the baby shower.
  
On Saturday March 7, I got all dolled up and headed out to my baby shower.  This is the new shirt that I bought so I would feel pretty and not chubby and pregnant as I left the house.
A close up of my chubby self.
I think it looked really cute and I am thinking of things we can do over the next few weeks so I can wear it a few more times.
In this picture we have from left to right Stacey Ferguson (she used to do billing at our office), Terrie K (one of my patients) Aunt Peggy (married to Aaron's Uncle Bob Greenreich) and  Joanna (wedding planner).   They were just chatting while Aunt Peggy sat quietly in the corner waiting for people to cross their legs so she could take their pins and win one of the games ( she totally cleaned up!).
The spread of food for us all to enjoy.  In the back that you can't see are two really yummy salads that Debbie and Richelle prepared.  I was kind of bummed stomach has been squished by the baby because I would have liked to have eaten much more than I did.  I have some recipe gathering to do.  Oh and that's Donna trying to escape the shot and Erica behind the table.
Anna having one of the fabulous cupcakes that Melody made and her husband Ryan frosted.  They were white cake with cherry bits in the cake and cream cheese frosting.  I ate two at the shower and have one still waiting for me here at home.   I also came home with one of the chocolate cakes you see sitting on the counter that Erica's sister made.  YUMMMY.
People waiting for gifts and a shot of the decorations done by Erica and Donna.
Gathered for the gifts we have from left to right Heather, Teresa, Eryn, Korina, Melody (massage therapist from office and my doula) and Donna (massage therapist from the office).
One of the games we played was everyone guessed how many squares of toilet paper it would take to wrap me all the way around.  This is the measuring part.
Everyone waits with baited breath to see how big I really am.  Turns out 11 toilet paper squares around!  Not so bad after all.  My guess was 3 or 4.

Watching the parade of gifts we have from left to right Eryn Schunzel (daughter of Joe and Susie) Teresa Fagan (we house sat for them a couple of Christmases) Debbie Smith (volleyball player and host extraordinaire) Korina Sullivan.

No comments: